Just ordered a copy for myself. I do find the addition of the half mark he implemented last year unnecessary and i dont always agree with a lot of his marks or tasting notes but quality wise when he marks it as a stinker i think it will be, therefore i find it a handy book to have around as a quick guide to keep me away from wasting money on stinkers. I buy myself a new copy every couple of years.
I agree Innes it can help steer you clear of the crap and stop you wasting money. Declaring one whisky as the best is nonsense then declaring a different whisky as the best the next year proves it is nonsense.
I would love to know how much time he spends with each whisky getting to know it and rating it.
Just been browsing through the new bible to see if Jim has got the marking right on some of the new additions since last year that i have had the pleasure of. I must say he has been pretty spot on so far.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum