www.scotchmaltwhisky.co.uk

Whisky Forum - Suggestions to further my journey - Page 2

 

Whisky Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Suggestions to further my journey
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Whisky Forum Index -> Single Malt Whisky
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
awhiskeydrink
Member
Member


Joined: 14 Feb 2011
Posts: 19
Location: Texas

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like everyone agrees on Highland Park, and I would spring for the 15 yr. Springbank is incredible and their higher proof is even better with a splash of filtered water. I have several great scotches in your range reviewed on my site + the best bourbon I've ever tasted, Noah's Mill!
_________________
Cheers, Swift
http://www.awhiskeydrink.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message

awhiskeydrink
Member
Member


Joined: 14 Feb 2011
Posts: 19
Location: Texas

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you enjoyed Springbank, then the recommendations for Highland Park 12 or 15 are spot on. Springbank 10 comes in a higher proof that is outstanding with a splash of filtered water to reveal all its flavors; I like 5 parts whiskey to 1 part water, but some recommend 4:1. Tullibardine is also another great introductory scotch that is light on marine and peat. I enjoy it on warmer days. I have many reviewed on my site.

Cheers,
Swift
_________________
Cheers, Swift
http://www.awhiskeydrink.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Whisky Forum Index -> Single Malt Whisky All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
 Drink Safely   Add Your Site   Other Whisky Sites    Links   Contact Us 

 

© 2026 www.scotchmaltwhisky.co.uk All rights reserved.

This website was produced in Scotland.