www.scotchmaltwhisky.co.uk

Whisky Forum - Highland Park 10 year DB - Page 2

 

Whisky Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Highland Park 10 year DB
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Whisky Forum Index -> Whisky Tasting Notes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Brummie
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts


Joined: 08 Feb 2010
Posts: 662

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MiniMalts wrote:
Thanks. I'm not really a whisky drinker so I may just put it in the for sale section.
You could try www.scotchwhiskyauctions.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message

MiniMalts
Single Malt Member
Single Malt Member


Joined: 06 Mar 2014
Posts: 23
Location: Aberdeen

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, know SWA. But as has been pointed out, by the time fees and postage are taken in to account it might not be worth it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MiniMalts
Single Malt Member
Single Malt Member


Joined: 06 Mar 2014
Posts: 23
Location: Aberdeen

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just received a reply from the person at Edrington that sent me the 10 year old. It seems Sweden has it also...

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
percyhedgehog
Double Malt Member
Double Malt Member


Joined: 20 Oct 2014
Posts: 86
Location: Toronto, Canada

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quaich1 wrote:
James T wrote:
That is a new one on me, Highland Park 10 year old, are they discontinuing the 12 year old?


Here at LCBO in Ontario they are selling HP 10 and 12 and of course the 18 and higher age statements as well, 21 and 25.. The HP15 has been discontinued here in Ontario. There are only 4 bottles left in all of Ontario of HP 15..



I believe I bought the last one back in March. It was good, but not great.
I need more time with the newly opened 10 year old, but from my very first sample taste, I think I like it better than the 15yr. The 10 year old is plentiful at for the LCBO, very reasonable. I can see making it a regular open bottle for my shelf.
_________________
Slainte
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Quaich1
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts


Joined: 21 Apr 2012
Posts: 5749
Location: Ontario, Canada

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

percyhedgehog wrote:
Quaich1 wrote:
James T wrote:
That is a new one on me, Highland Park 10 year old, are they discontinuing the 12 year old?


Here at LCBO in Ontario they are selling HP 10 and 12 and of course the 18 and higher age statements as well, 21 and 25.. The HP15 has been discontinued here in Ontario. There are only 4 bottles left in all of Ontario of HP 15..



I believe I bought the last one back in March. It was good, but not great.
I need more time with the newly opened 10 year old, but from my very first sample taste, I think I like it better than the 15yr. The 10 year old is plentiful at for the LCBO, very reasonable. I can see making it a regular open bottle for my shelf.


The HP 10 is definitely a solid dram, appropriate for regular enjoyment and the price is fair.
_________________
"Always carry a large flagon of whisky in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake."
W.C. Fields (1880-1946)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Whisky Forum Index -> Whisky Tasting Notes All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
 Drink Safely   Add Your Site   Other Whisky Sites    Links   Contact Us 

 

© 2026 www.scotchmaltwhisky.co.uk All rights reserved.

This website was produced in Scotland.