www.scotchmaltwhisky.co.uk

Whisky Forum - How many open bottles do you have? - Page 3

 

Whisky Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
How many open bottles do you have?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Whisky Forum Index -> Single Malt Whisky
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
JAB
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts


Joined: 22 Jul 2009
Posts: 1231
Location: Glasgow

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[img]newwhiskyworld
JAB - how are the Asda extra special bottles you have there? I noticed they haev reworked their packaging but how is the important stuff? [/img]

I hve all 3 of them and in my opinion they are very good!

will post some notes a little later!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail

Carl Hagen
Member
Member


Joined: 02 Jan 2011
Posts: 7
Location: Vancouver BC Canada

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JAB wrote:
Now up to 12, Opened an Ardmore and a Laphroaig Quarter Cask last night Top Malt


I am just finishing off my first bottle of Laphroaig Quarter Cask, had a good dram tonight!
Thanks JAB for all your comments, and offering to advise me about where to order. Problem is, nobody will ship to Canada, due to legal restrictions. So I am really restricted to what is available, although I must admit they have quite a good selection. Just that the prices are so high.
I did get a great, and very pleasant, surprise tonight. I found out that the Laphroaig 18 year is available here! On the LCB (Liquor Control Board) website, they got the spelling wrong, and spelled it "Laphroiag 18 year". It is expensive, at about $180/bottle, but I am going to get one. There are very few available.
I made sure that I have another bottle of QC on hand as well!
Cheers,
Carl
_________________
"Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death." Auntie Mame. - Mame (Rosalind Russell) in Auntie Mame (1958).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
r900p
Double Malt Member
Double Malt Member


Joined: 03 Mar 2009
Posts: 138
Location: Hayfield, Derbyshire

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carl,

I have a friend in Ontario and he has real trouble getting bottles, as well as me shipping him the odd bottle - which could get confiscated, he sends them to relatives in NY state and then takes a trip across the border, bit easier for him than you as its not far.

There are some good bottles released only in Canada, I believe Bruichladdich have done a few - one was for the Kensington Wine Market. There was also a retailer who sold the Bowmore Quaich 10th Anniversary bottling but I can't remember their name.

If you pm me your email i'll forward it to my friend, he may have some insider info.

Rob
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Whisky Forum Index -> Single Malt Whisky All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
 Drink Safely   Add Your Site   Other Whisky Sites    Links   Contact Us 

 

© 2026 www.scotchmaltwhisky.co.uk All rights reserved.

This website was produced in Scotland.