| View previous topic :: View next topic |
| Author |
Message |
Gregor Master Of Malts

Joined: 25 Apr 2008 Posts: 798
|
Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:29 pm Post subject: |
|
|
There is certainly no snootiness from me. I dont have a problem with it, good luck to those that do it. My point was for such large instant profits it is certainly worth considering doing it yourself.
I buy whisky to either drink of collect and the bottles i collect may turn out to be a good investment in the future if not i only collect bottles i would drink, so i cant lose. |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
|
|
 |
Archer Master Of Malts

Joined: 06 Oct 2009 Posts: 1533
|
Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:14 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| It may only be the first few on ebay that does fetch the big profit. As you say Gregor good luck to those that do it. |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Big Mac Master Of Malts

Joined: 02 Nov 2006 Posts: 2216 Location: USA - Formerly Scotland
|
Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:54 am Post subject: |
|
|
| I hope some on here was wise enough to get a bottle whether it was just to sell now or in the future. |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
DavidUK Double Malt Member

Joined: 20 Mar 2010 Posts: 174
|
Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:54 am Post subject: |
|
|
| Gregor wrote: | There is certainly no snootiness from me. I dont have a problem with it, good luck to those that do it. My point was for such large instant profits it is certainly worth considering doing it yourself.
I buy whisky to either drink of collect and the bottles i collect may turn out to be a good investment in the future if not i only collect bottles i would drink, so i cant lose. |
My post wasn't directed at you or anyone in particular, but I'm sure you will often have read comments from psoters on this or other forums who seem to 'disapprove' of such practices, and I can't really see what their problem is |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Mark Master Of Malts

Joined: 27 Sep 2006 Posts: 1674
|
Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:16 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| I am surprised there havent been other brands releasing royal wedding bottles, i have only come across the Macallan and the English Whisky Co bottle so far. |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
|