| View previous topic :: View next topic |
| Author |
Message |
Quaich1 Master Of Malts


Joined: 21 Apr 2012 Posts: 5749 Location: Ontario, Canada
|
Posted: Wed May 30, 2012 8:53 pm Post subject: Single Malt Scotch tasting Clubs all over the World |
|
|
I thought it would be interesting to hear about some of the single malt single scotch clubs all over the world.
I belong to Companions of the Order of the Quaich in Canada which has 22 chapters all over the country and the dinners and associated tastings are superb and the company stellar. We have 3 single malts over the course of each special evening and they are often very unique independent bottlings and ages from a variety of bottlers, such as Macallan 14 years.
For further information about the group , the website is http://www.thequaich.com/
What club do you belong to in your part of the world or which ones have you visited and what is the format?
 _________________ "Always carry a large flagon of whisky in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake."
W.C. Fields (1880-1946) |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
|

|
 |
Kenny M Master Of Malts

Joined: 21 Apr 2007 Posts: 860
|
Posted: Wed May 30, 2012 11:24 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| not a member of any club other than this forum, i do attend tasting event when i get the chance |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Big Mac Master Of Malts

Joined: 02 Nov 2006 Posts: 2216 Location: USA - Formerly Scotland
|
Posted: Thu May 31, 2012 1:47 am Post subject: |
|
|
| I have a few friends who i have introduced the pleasures of Scotch single malt whisky, we get together around once a month and we all bring something special, always a fun evening. |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
bifter Master Of Malts

Joined: 10 Apr 2012 Posts: 1403 Location: East Lothian
|
Posted: Thu May 31, 2012 7:21 am Post subject: |
|
|
I was bred, if not actually born, in Leith where the first SMWS venue opened and live there now. I've been a member for 18 months or so. There is a new 'outturn' on the first Friday of each month and I try to get along to sample the wares with some friends/colleagues, usually at the Queen St, Edinburgh venue. The bottlings are mainly single cask single malt cask strength whiskies (with some grain, rum, Cognac and Armagnac) though the standard varies if I'm honest and some distilleries predominate. However it's a pretty unique experience and the ability to try before you buy is a definite selling point.
I am also lined up for one of the Jolly Toper tastings, though not currently a full member. These usually cost around £20 and are usually hosted at the Tolbooth Tavern by staff from Cadenheads whisky shop on the Royal Mile. The format usually involves 5 whiskies selected along the POURS principle - peated, old, unusual, rare and sherried. More details here:
http://www.jollytopertastings.co.uk/ _________________ "Whisky is liquid sunshine."
[George Bernard Shaw] |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Innes Master Of Malts

Joined: 29 Apr 2010 Posts: 1082 Location: England
|
Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:50 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| I am not a member of any clubs but attend as many organised tasting events as i can. |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
|