www.scotchmaltwhisky.co.uk

Whisky Forum - Just Ordered A Jubilee 21 Year Old Bunnahabhain

 

Whisky Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Just Ordered A Jubilee 21 Year Old Bunnahabhain

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Whisky Forum Index -> Single Malt Whisky
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
andyroid20
Double Malt Member
Double Malt Member


Joined: 24 May 2012
Posts: 107

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 7:25 pm    Post subject: Just Ordered A Jubilee 21 Year Old Bunnahabhain Reply with quote

As above. The Whisky Barrel have bottles of 21 Year old cask strength, single cask Bunnahabhain celebrating the Jubilee for £65. Seemed like a good investment especially as all the other celebratory ones are ridiculous money. Its a pretty good price regardless so it wasn't too hard a decision. Should anyone else want one, be quick as I don't think they will be around long.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message

Acker
Triple Malt Member
Triple Malt Member


Joined: 10 Aug 2009
Posts: 212

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you know if it is a heavily peated Bunna?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
John
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Apr 2006
Posts: 876
Location: UK

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acker wrote:
Do you know if it is a heavily peated Bunna?
Going by the tasting note here:- Bunnahabhain 21 year old Diamond Jubilee Malt it doesnt sound peated at all but heavily sherried.

Interestingly it looks like they are offering "Free Worldwide Shipping on this" and if you are overseas you would pay the VAT so it would be £54.16
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
andyroid20
Double Malt Member
Double Malt Member


Joined: 24 May 2012
Posts: 107

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The review here suggests some peating

http://awardrobeofwhisky.com/bottle/bunnahabhain-21-year-old-jubilee-malt-ii-sherry-cask
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Craven
Triple Malt Member
Triple Malt Member


Joined: 10 Mar 2010
Posts: 218

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably just the standard Bunnahabhain distillation which has a very low peat level and has been matured in a sherry cask. I see that it is Bunnahabhain 21 year old Diamond Jubilee Malt "II". so is the 2nd batch of this, not sure it sold out in a matter of hours either, i am sure they have been selling it all last month so not flying off the shelf. I have seen that wardrobeofwhisky site it catches me as a marketing website which will tell you all is good as its sole purpose appears to be to sell whisky and make money, i dont see it as an indie blog.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
andyroid20
Double Malt Member
Double Malt Member


Joined: 24 May 2012
Posts: 107

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah the first one was limited to 90 bottles and this is 200. It's kind of just jumping on the band waggon i know with the jubilee but I figure its still worth it and won't go down in value. If in a few years it doesn't seem like it will be worth anything I'll just drink it. Every which way but lose!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message

bifter
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts


Joined: 10 Apr 2012
Posts: 1403
Location: East Lothian

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are in the UK and are swithering, Quidco are offering 7% cashback at the Whisky Barrel:

http://www.quidco.com/the-whisky-barrel/

If you don't have a Quidco account and you want to go for it, feel free to use my referral link (if you end up saving £5 through Quidco I get a £2.50 kickback):

http://www.quidco.com/user/109674/53804
_________________
"Whisky is liquid sunshine."
[George Bernard Shaw]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
andyroid20
Double Malt Member
Double Malt Member


Joined: 24 May 2012
Posts: 107

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darn I didn't check quidco first! I have an account too and am actually using the cashback I was just paid to buy it. How dumb am I?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bifter
Master Of Malts
Master Of Malts


Joined: 10 Apr 2012
Posts: 1403
Location: East Lothian

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

andyroid20 wrote:
Darn I didn't check quidco first! I have an account too and am actually using the cashback I was just paid to buy it. How dumb am I?


You win some you lose some! It's less than £4 so no biggie. I recently changed my account with Santander and assumed, as I was a customer already, I wouldn't get cashback - I should have checked as I missed out on £40. That would buy a nice malt by itself.!
_________________
"Whisky is liquid sunshine."
[George Bernard Shaw]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
newhey
Single Malt Member
Single Malt Member


Joined: 11 Jun 2011
Posts: 58

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Just Ordered A Jubilee 21 Year Old Bunnahabhain Reply with quote

andyroid20 wrote:
As above. The Whisky Barrel have bottles of 21 Year old cask strength, single cask Bunnahabhain celebrating the Jubilee for £65. Seemed like a good investment especially as all the other celebratory ones are ridiculous money. Its a pretty good price regardless so it wasn't too hard a decision. Should anyone else want one, be quick as I don't think they will be around long.


You can buy the same whisky (check the cask number!) over at whiskybroker for much less - £42. If I am not mistaken, Whisky Barrel bought these bottles from Martin.

http://www.whiskybroker.co.uk/acatalog/Islay_Malt.html
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
andyroid20
Double Malt Member
Double Malt Member


Joined: 24 May 2012
Posts: 107

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh well.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
newhey
Single Malt Member
Single Malt Member


Joined: 11 Jun 2011
Posts: 58

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

andyroid20 wrote:
Oh well.


Look on the bright side, you can probably afford another one for drinking now. Top Malt
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message

Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Whisky Forum Index -> Single Malt Whisky All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
 Drink Safely   Add Your Site   Other Whisky Sites    Links   Contact Us 

 

© 2026 www.scotchmaltwhisky.co.uk All rights reserved.

This website was produced in Scotland.