| View previous topic :: View next topic |
| Author |
Message |
PHAB New Member

Joined: 28 Jan 2016 Posts: 1
|
Posted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:16 pm Post subject: Glenfiddich 50 y.o |
|
|
Hi everyone,
I have been asked to sell a bottle of Glenfiddich 50y.o on behalf of its owner. The bottle and case are in absolutely mint condition as one would expect and all documentation is present.
I am far more experienced in selling watches and classic cars than valuable whiskeys so I am wondering what the expert opinion on this forum would be in regards to achieving the best price possible for the bottle.
Any thoughts would be greatly received. I have not yet spoken to Bonhams but have been in touch with some auction companies, all of whom are asking in the region of 12% commission which I feel is a tad high for such a valuable bottle.
Thanks in advance for any advice. |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
|
|
 |
Cuba Master Of Malts

Joined: 10 Aug 2010 Posts: 296
|
Posted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:45 pm Post subject: |
|
|
I would suggest for such a premium malt of high value you should use a reputable whisky auction to sell the whisky. It offers both buyer and seller piece of mind for such a high value transaction and it will expose your whisky to many buyers of whisky in this price bracket. Have a look at scotchwhiskyauctions.com and mctears.co.uk check out how similar value whiskies have performed in recent times.
You may find it difficult to beat 12% commission, but you could try negotiating with the auction sites to see if they would do you a better deal for such a high value whisky. |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
dramblersanonymous Master Of Malts

Joined: 11 Aug 2015 Posts: 439 Location: London
|
Posted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:17 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| Whisky auctioneer works out at 6% Inc vat and they get excellent prices. Definitely worth a look. They also do London pickups, etc. |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
|