Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:15 am Post subject: Glenalba
Hopefully I'm wrong, but it appears that Lidl are now only doing the 22 year old Glenalba blend.
I bought 2 bottles of the 25 year old last winter and was very impressed. Anyone tried the 22?
Joined: 26 Nov 2012 Posts: 2037 Location: Cheshire
Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:09 am Post subject:
Hiya,
I reviewed these last year - have a quick search on here or when I get home I'll have a look. These were a limited run and not an ongoing release. The 22 was actually my favourite out of the 3 - you should give it a go.
Lidl released 5 whiskies last year, they were a limited edition range
Glenalba 22 Year Old Sherry Cask Finish Scotch Blended Whisky
Glenalba 25 Year Old Sherry Cask Finish Scotch Blended Whisky
Glenalba 34 Year Old Sherry Cask Finish Scotch Blended Whisky
Ben Bracken 28 Year Old Speyside Single Malt Whisky
Ben Bracken 22 Year Old Islay Single Malt Whisky
I would have been surprised if they were able to have the same release this year as they would need a lot of whisky to supply all their stores. I see that the Lidl website only lists the Glenalba 22 Years Old
I thought the Glenalba 22 was very good for the money, no complaints from me about it.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum