| View previous topic :: View next topic |
| Author |
Message |
unblended Master Of Malts

Joined: 20 Mar 2015 Posts: 440
|
Posted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:16 am Post subject: bells decanters |
|
|
anyone noticed the price drop in the bells decanters and why
richard |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
|
|
 |
jcarrick Master Of Malts

Joined: 18 Apr 2011 Posts: 953
|
Posted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:12 am Post subject: |
|
|
| I haven't noticed but I would guess because most are filled with standard bells whisky and they don't fetch much in the secondary market |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
unblended Master Of Malts

Joined: 20 Mar 2015 Posts: 440
|
Posted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:23 pm Post subject: |
|
|
they used to I am just trying to work out why the sudden drop in prices
maybe they were overpriced who knows maybe somebody who used to collect bells decanters might have some idea
richard |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
unblended Master Of Malts

Joined: 20 Mar 2015 Posts: 440
|
Posted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:23 pm Post subject: |
|
|
they used to I am just trying to work out why the sudden drop in prices
maybe they were overpriced who knows maybe somebody who used to collect bells decanters might have some idea
richard |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
ziggsteruk Double Malt Member

Joined: 24 May 2014 Posts: 114 Location: Surrey
|
Posted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:58 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| I would say the auction market for decanters has picked up recently. I noticed a few months ago that bottles were selling for as little as £7.50 but since then the minimum has risen to around the £20 mark (on the sites I frequent). It's still a lot less than the new price but it costs more in postage for ceramic compared to glass bottles, which is possibly one of the factors that keeps the prices low at auction. Also, when you buy ceramics online you can't see the fill level, and not everywhere will say "good audible level". I bought a decanter from auction recently where I assumed the whisky level was OK because it wasn't mentioned. Unfortunately it turned out to be quite low when it arrived. Once bitten, twice shy. |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
|