Posted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:52 pm Post subject: Off Licence Chain Goes Bust
I saw this in the Herald newspaper. Nearly 1000 Scots jobs were at risk last night as the parent company for Threshers, Haddows and Wine Rack went into administration. I dont shop for whisky at any of these shops but thought it may effect some here.
I think they simply struggled to compete with the supermarkets even more so during this credit crunch.
Joined: 19 Dec 2006 Posts: 1536 Location: Scotland
Posted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:47 pm Post subject:
Thats a pity to see so many lose there jobs but i must say I cant remember when i last bought any whisky from an off license, all my purchases are either from the supermarkets or online for the more premium bottles.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum