| View previous topic :: View next topic |
| Author |
Message |
jsberry Single Malt Member

Joined: 24 Oct 2015 Posts: 26
|
Posted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:52 pm Post subject: The $150-$200 range |
|
|
Any suggestions on one or two bottles for a good autumn splurge?
I keep striking out in this price range. Last year I tried Balvenie 17DW and Talisker 18, both seem to be popular here but I actually like Balvenie 12 and Talisker 10 better. Macallan Rare Cask is great but costs much more, and the lesser Macallans did not impress.
Looking for a woody one (but not too sherried) and a peaty one (but not [i]too [/i]smoky).
Thanks for any suggestions! |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
|
|
 |
GregBurnett Double Malt Member

Joined: 18 Oct 2018 Posts: 99 Location: Edinburgh
|
Posted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:32 am Post subject: |
|
|
| Balvenie 16 Triple Cask has a lot of wood influence for its age. I always enjoy that dram! |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Whisky Chaser Master Of Malts

Joined: 14 Nov 2017 Posts: 550
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Carbonara Member

Joined: 27 Aug 2019 Posts: 8
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
|